V4RB2 RegisterDatabase Question

Bob Keeney bkeeney at everestkc.net
Fri Jun 24 18:22:54 CDT 2005

I have an existing database that I'm trying out on VServer.  My
datafile works and I'm wondering how I create the database on the
server.  Here's my snippet of code:

   dim vsrv as VServer
   dim sysCatalog as string

   gHostInfo.Host = "192.168.2.14"
   gHostInfo.Password = "sa"
   gHostInfo.UserName = "sa"
   gHostInfo.Port = val("15432")\1
   vsrv =  new Vserver(gHostInfo.Host, gHostInfo.UserName,
gHostInfo.Password, gHostInfo.Port)

   if vsrv <> nil then
     vsrv.OpenSession
     sysCatalog = vsrv.GetVariable( "SystemCatalog" )
     vsrv.RegisterDatabase( "TS", sysCatalog + "TS.vdb" )  <------
FREEZES NEVER TO RETURN

     gDB = new CDatabaseClass( vsrv )
   end

So my question is am I even going about this the correct way?  Do I
need to create the database file on the server first before
attempting this?

Connecting from Mac OS X (Tiger) running RB2005 to VServer on Windows
XP SP2.  All versions are fc9.

Thanks,
Bob K.