[V4RB]] 2.0.4 fc9 doesn't solve VarChar cache problem here

Erik Mueller-Harder valentina-list at vermontsoftworks.com
Fri Jun 24 08:51:50 CDT 2005

Hi, Ruslan --

On Jun 23, 2005, at 14:48, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> 1) a couple of issues related to cache

But not mine, I'm sorry to say.  Recap:

1.  I add a few records to a few tables, all of which contain at
least one VarChar[1022] field.
2.  Searching for -- and reading -- those records works *fine*.
3.  I close the db and call ValentinaShutdown -- everything is *fine*.
4.  I open the db without any error.
5.  Searching for -- and reading -- some records works *fine*, BUT
6.  Reading a record with a particular VarChar field now causes Rb to
crash.  By iterating
     through each field in the record in ViSQL, I have found it is
always one VarChar[1022]
     field in particular.

Would you like me to send you my application, with full instructions
for reproducing this?

-- Erik