[V4REV] Constants. Plan 2.

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Mon Jun 20 17:38:48 CDT 2005

>On 6/20/05 12:04 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:
>
>>  Our emails just crossed in internet:) I suggested a moment ago to
>>  consider using
>>
>>  Create_VarChar( name, 1022, "fIndexed", "fIndexByWords" )
>>
>>  instead of the three variations above. This would be equivalent to
>>
>>  Create_VarChar( name, 1022,  "fIndexByWords", "fIndexed")
>>
>>  I think it would eliminate a number of support issues related to
>>  adding literal constants and keeping their order right.
>
>No Robert, I think not good.
>
>>  External knows the number of parameters actually passed oand knows at
>>  which position the flags begin.
>
>But it will not where they stop.
>
>Also our error system says:
>
>     you have error in the Nth parameter.
>
>If flags will be splinted into several params  not good.

If there is error with Nth parameter then I know which flag causes trouble.

I just looked briefly through all calls and it seems that flags are
always either last or last but one parameter, the last being
'inStrMethod'. However, none of the examples I saw shows an example
of a calculation string. What are chances that it starts with 'k'?

In V1, one can set the calculation formula independent from creating
a field. Is that removed from V2?