[V4REV] Constants

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jun 20 10:17:24 CDT 2005

On 6/20/05 8:17 AM, "ron barber" <rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp> wrote:

Hi Ron,

> Perhaps I not understanding this form so can you help me with this?
>
> get VDatabase_Create(dbRef, mPath,4, 32 * 1024, EVOs.kOsDefault )
>
> produces 4 files as expected.
>
> But I thought you could also put in a number for EVOs.kOsDefault?

4th parameter inEnumOs -- you should almost never use. Practically never.

>> As the Mode parameter you can specify one of the following:
>> 1  // (description,data,BLOB,indexes)   2  // description +
>> (data,BLOB,indexes)   3  // description + (data,BLOB) + indexes   4
>> // description + data + BLOB + indexes   5  // (description,data,BLOB)
>> + indexes   6  // (description,data) + BLOB + indexes   7  //
>> (description,data,indexes) + BLOB    8   // description +
>> (data,indexes) + BLOB
>> Example:   get VDataBase_Create( dbRef, path, 5, 32 * 1024 )

Docs should be corrected to use symbolic constants

> (BTW, the example should include all the parameters, since the next
> example is the same and refers to a remote db)

> So
> get VDatabase_Create(dbRef, mPath,4, 32 * 1024,4)  gives 4 files but so
> does
> get VDatabase_Create(dbRef, mPath,4, 32 * 1024,1)  and so does
> get VDatabase_Create(dbRef, mPath,4, 32 * 1024,8)
>
> so numbers don't work. What is the proper syntax for this?

Wait a moment, the number of db files is specified by 3d parameter.
All your examples have it 4. This is why you get 4 files always.

So if you want change mode of db, you need write

     get VDatabase_Create( dbRef, mPath, 1, 32 * 1024 )

Next, I am not sure that we it is good idea to allow numeric values of
constant at all !!!!!!!!!

In the next letter I will again describe how we going to make constants for
next build.