[V4REV] Constants

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jun 20 10:10:14 CDT 2005

On 6/20/05 7:48 AM, "ron barber" <rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp> wrote:

Hi Ron,

> I will expose my ignorance with this post but I think I may represent
> at least some in the Rev community that do not care to use dots at all.
> Perhaps the rest of the of the world uses dot notation, but those in
> the xtalk world don't have the.slightest.idea what you are talking
> about. The docs at this point are not very helpful because they have
> largely been adapted from the RB docs, in fact multiple references
> remain to RB itself and RB notation - eg classes, subclasses. If you
> end up using dot notation, you must put some kind of explanation in the
> v4rev docs because it is foreign to xtalk users.
>
> I understand your desire to be industry standard and you must cater to
> the large RB community (that is laughing at me right now!) that Val
> serves, but if you want to also serve the Rev community, please make
> some concessions to our way of doing things.
>
> I realize we are still in beta and this is what beta testing is all
> about.  Lynn, your xtalk background should at least understand what
> Robert and I (and others?) are saying.

Right Ron.

We listen you, and we ASK you what ways you prefer.
We not going force you do something bad.

We have make discussion how to work with constants.
So plug into it. Express your ideas. Show us YOUR DREAM.

And please be as fast as possible with answers.

> I know you want to produce a good product and I'm trying to give some
> input in that direction. I am a little frustrated after spending a
> considerable time testing and crashing and it is due at least partially
> to my misuse of dot notated parameters.

Ok, I see you have post other letter.
Go to read.

Again. Show us YOUR DREAM