V4MD request

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jun 20 09:58:32 CDT 2005

On 6/20/05 12:41 AM, "info at vallemediatime.com" <info at vallemediatime.com>
wrote:

Hi Paolo,

>>> is it possible to add and/or syncronize this properties in next upgrade...
>>> ...and get RecID in a simple way in both API and SQL way?
>>
>> NO. you have wrong expectations here.
> ok
> I ask you for this feature because I think that it is better for create
> binary in a simple way from the user point of view.

> Think to this.

> If a user want link a Person to a Phone... you prefer insert a RecID number
> of both table in relative fields or you prefer to see a drop-menu with RecID
> + Person and link automatically to current record position?
>
> e.g
>
> T1 Person menu:
> ----------------
> 1. Ruslan
> 4. Ivan
> 7. Igor
>
> T2 Phone number:
> -------------------
> 11111
> 22222
> 33333

> You are in second row of T2 (and image that you can get his RecID = 2),
> after you click in drop-menu where you can select the "7. Igor" item (and
> you get RecID = 7, this is already made).

> With the Igor selected we can create automatically a binary link in a very
> simple way: 2-7

But you can do this all RIGHT NOW.

Where you see problems?

Table -- have CURRENT RECORD.
    to get its RecID you do

            recid = VTable.RecID

I do not see any problems Paolo.

-------
Btw, in REALbasic popup menu can have hidden column where it is possible to
put recIDs when you fill menu. Later extract RecId of choice.