[V4REV] Constants

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Sat Jun 18 21:59:55 CDT 2005

>On 6/18/05 6:02 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:
>
>>>  It should be something like this:
>>>  put VDataBase_SqlSelect( dbRef, "SELECT * FROM bible ",
>>>  EVCursorLocation.kServerSide, EVLockType.kReadWrite  ) into CursorRef
>>>
>>>  --
>>>  Best regards,
>>>   Ivan                            mailto:IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua
>>
>>  Can't we have it just as
>>
>>  put VDataBase_SqlSelect( dbRef, "SELECT * FROM bible ", kServerSide,
>>  kReadWrite  ) into CursorRef
>>
>>  The dot notation is not used in Rev and reserved for future OO features.
>
>Hi Robert,
>
>Well, right now it is made in this way as Ivan show.
>
>If to remove Enum name then some constants are the same.
>
>Is it so problem to use style as Ivan suggest ?
>It is very similar to REALBasic and Java enums
>
>--
>Best regards,

I just looked at your constants in detail and found only 5
duplicates. Among them, 4 duplicates have the same value regardless
of enum:

kCascade, kNoAction, kRestrict, kSetNull

Only one duplicate, kDefault, has different values

    EVOnDelete 4
    EVOnUpdate 4
    EVStorageType 0
    EVColAttributeValue -1

Further, of those KDefault's only EVStorageType.kDefault seems to be
referenced in the doc. I mean as parameters for methods. Others seem
to be unused. At least not references. But then I found inEnumOS =
kDefault without indication of enum group.

It seems to me that it is possible to skip the enum designation when
typing in the constants.

Robert