Fwd: [V4RB2] where to download?

Eric Ferrer wonderfef at noos.fr
Fri Jun 17 15:52:39 CDT 2005

I posted this message one hour ago but I can't see it in the list, so
here it is again

Le 17 juin 2005 à 12:04, Ruslan Zasukhin a écrit :

> And run EACH our example in client/server mode.

Example "Records_AddDeleteUpdate" :

- turned gClient = true
- run project in IDE
 > VException right-away on running in the IDE
     method CreateDbFiles
         the VException is not catched
     I had no error telling me that it was impossible to connect to
VServer

- then changed host (default "localhost" by the good IP of my Server)
- run
 > seems OK, files are created in Vserver directory

- quit running project

- run again in IDE
 > VException right-away
     method CreateDbFiles
         the VException is not catched
     I had no error telling me that the db could not be created
because files have already the same name

- launch VStudio to unregister the db, so that I could trash its files
 > VStudio does not show me this db (only the one I'm working on)
- stop VServer service, trash the file, launch service again

- run the projet again in the IDE
- fill the fields with some values
- click on the "ADD 10" button
 > NilObjectException in the "Action" event handler of the pushbutton

- launch VStudio (on Windows)
- this time, I can see the db in the dbs lists ; I unregister it
 > nothing happens, this db is always in the dbs list
- so I unregister it again; I got a message "invalid file name"; so I
say to myself "ok, it has been unregistered anyway"
- I quit VStudio and try to trash the files
 > not possible, Windows says that they are in use
- I launch VStudio again, the db is not listed!

- so I stop Vserver service, trash the files, and run the service again

- back to the RB project, I run it again in the IDE
- I see now that I have to click on the "SELECT" button first, so I do
- I now click on the "ADD 10" button
- all is OK, I can browse the records, excepting that the "text"
field has turned to chinese characters...
     To test this : enter some text in the "text" field, click
"update", then "next" and "prev" : all is chinese.
     But this is not a problem here.

- I now add 100's of records using the "ADD 10" button
- I can browse them with no problem

So what's wrong with my db ?
I decide to change the example code so that the db it creates is
closer to mine.
I change mode 4 to mode 5, since my db is in mode 5 (.vdb + .ind)

 > VServer ignores this and still creates a db in mode 4 (.blb + .dat
+ .ind + .vdb).

- I think a good idea should be now to rebuild my db in mode 4 and
test if I get the same crashes.

Eric