[V4RB2] where to download? // advice

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jun 17 12:39:10 CDT 2005

On 6/17/05 12:14 PM, "Eric Ferrer" <wonderfef at noos.fr> wrote:

> Le 16 juin 2005 à 16:22, Ruslan Zasukhin a écrit :
>
>> Today I will make new build for all platforms.
>
> Not ready yet?
>
> I'm stuck, nothing works, there's something wrong, I don't feel
> confident about Valentina.
>
> I don't understand why simple things like:
> "SELECT Name FROM Clients"
> works, and :
> "SELECT Name, ShortName FROM Clients"
> does not work, the app freezes.

1) stop server

2) open your db under viSQL

3) do query  -- "SELECT Name, ShortName FROM Clients"
    works or no ?

------------
Another advice:

You can easy do that you app will be easy work in LOCAL or client server
mode.

Please look how we have made this in our examples.
Just one flag gClient = true/false

What this give?

1) you can ship apps for single-user and multi-user work.
2) it can be tunable in prefs or work even in both modes.

During development you can run it in LOCAL mode.
And see If everything work in LOCAL mode.

You can even develop in LOCAL mode to simplify process
and sometimes test it under server.