[V4REV] Notes on example stack // Fonts (???)

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Jun 14 07:45:25 CDT 2005

On Jun 14, 2005, at 3:27 AM, Robert Brenstein wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> Fonts is another problem I cannot solve with Rev on mac for now.
>>
>> Ivan have made examples on Wndows.
>> He have NOT change fonts, i.e. Everything was default settings of
>> Rev.
>>
>> Now on mac I see that font is bigger that fields that Ivan have made.
>>
>> Why is this ????
>>
>> I see on Mac that font Taho is used.
>>
>> The worse is that when I change to other font -- Nothing changes.
>> When I change even size of font -- nothing changes on screen.
>> How this can be? And how fight with this ?
>
> I think that Ivan copied the descriptions from another program and
> the font specifications were copies together. These overwrite field
> settings.
>
> I am at a client now so I can't check myself but you can create an
> extra fld and try
>
> put the text of fld "label1" into fld "labelnew"
>
> this should strip formatting that came with the text and the
> defaults should kick in.
>
> The default under OS X is Lucida Grande 11, if I am not mistaken,
> but each developer can set the default as they wish. Your fields
> should be somewhat oversized to allow larger text. Your stacks have
> plenty of space (you can make windows a tad larger) so that is not
> an issue.

I just looked at this and the htmlText property of the field has the
font embedded in it:

So you will want to do what Robert suggested.  One way to do this
automatically is like this:

on mouseUp pN
     if (pN = 1) then
         put "V4REV Examples"&cr into tStacks
         put substacks of stack "V4REV Examples" &cr after tStacks
         delete last char of tStacks

         repeat for each line tStack in tStacks
             repeat with i = 1 to number of cards of stack tStack
                 repeat with j = 1 to number of fields of card i of
stack tStack
                     set text of fld j of card i of stack tStack to
text of fld j of card i of stack tStack
                 end repeat
             end repeat
         end repeat