[V4MD] locale, storageEncoding

Sean Wilson snw at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jun 14 13:39:24 CDT 2005

V4MD Win 2.0.4fc5

I create a new database and set its locale to "en_US" and its
storageEncoding to "ISO-8859-1". When I re-open the db and query these
properties I get:
db.locale = <Null>
db.storageEncoding = "UTF-16"

Is this a bug or expected behaviour?

Also, I think <Null> should *never* be returned by any Director xtra.
Instead, I would expect to get <Void> - the reason being that there is a
way to test for VOID using voidP() but there's no reliable way to test for
<Null>

Finally, when I go to check the version of V4MD (File -> Properties ->
Version it tells me 2.0.3) - could I ask *again* that the xtras you release
are correctly branded with version info. Otherwise, the only way to get an
estimate of version info is to check the date modified.

Thanks,
-Sean.