[Offlist] Re: [V4REV] How correctly prepare stack for cross-platform use ?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Jun 13 08:45:30 CDT 2005

On Jun 13, 2005, at 8:17 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> Valentina for Revolution have 2 parts now
>     bundle -- this is external itself
>     VComponents folder -- have many DLLs.

OK, this seems to be similar to how the RevDB libraries are setup.
There is a revdb.bundle/dll and then the supporting driver for
Valentina, MySQL, etc.

> So YES, you can put bundle where you want.
>
> All DLLs for MACOS apps go inside of package, right ?
>
> So we have tune all our DLLs to be in the
>
>     MyApp.app
>         VComponents
>             kernel.dll
>             client.dll
>             icu.dlls
>             vresources

I think what you need is something similar to revSetDatabaseDriverPath
(look in Rev docs).  This lets the developer specify where the
supporting libraries are located.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia