[Offlist] Re: [V4REV] How correctly prepare stack for cross-platform use ?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jun 13 18:17:31 CDT 2005

On 6/13/05 5:46 PM, "Trevor DeVore" <trevor at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:

Hi Trevor,

> You guys were busy this morning :)
>
> A couple of things.  As for my suggestion about the example
> installing, this is not uncommon for Rev.  Granted, most things
> aren't 5-6 MB compressed but Robert is right in that it should still
> have a button that checks for installation and takes you to the
> download page.  Altuit has code that installs altSQLite from their
> example stack and everyone that has commented on the list has really
> liked it.

Just I think for Valentina this will not work.

> I hope I'm understanding what you guys are talking about but OS X
> external bundles do not need to be inside of the Revolution bundle.
> I put them outside the bundle all of the time.
>
> MyApp.app
> ./data/external/EnhancedQT.bundle
>
> And I just point to the external bundle in the data folder.  Am I
> missing something?

Valentina for Revolution have 2 parts now
    bundle -- this is external itself
    VComponents folder -- have many DLLs.

So YES, you can put bundle where you want.

All DLLs for MACOS apps go inside of package, right ?

So we have tune all our DLLs to be in the

    MyApp.app
        VComponents
            kernel.dll
            client.dll