[V4REV] VTable_SortN syntax discussed.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jun 12 17:56:34 CDT 2005

On 6/12/05 5:34 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

> Should not this discussion be moved to beta list?

Ok, done.

Trevor, make sure you are on beta list

>> NO, this is for API way which do not use cursors at all,
>
> Are you saying that this function will sort record in the database
> itself? I think I do not get the big picture of the API changes.

Records in database are NEVER sorted.

When you do ORDER BY you get cursor that have records sorted.
This can be just pointers to RecID of records.

In the API WAY we not use cursors, we use Set.
Robert, I think you need look on ValentinaKernel_2.pdf
For more info.