[V4RB2] 2.0.4fc5 crash - more info

Kem Tekinay ktekinay at mactechnologies.com
Sat Jun 11 00:30:55 CDT 2005

On 6/10/05 1:07 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin at sunshine at public.kherson.ua wrote:

>> I then started searches and, while they were successful, I found that
>> searches run on a compressed VText field in related records were taking
>> almost two minutes each even though the field was indexed by words.
>
> What you mean in related? You do join on 2 tables?

Yes, my database had 5 tables and 4 Binary Links. One of the tables is for
e-mail, and another is for the text of the e-mail in a VText (O::M Binary
Link). Searches of e-mail by the message text in the related records used to
take 2 seconds, but now they are taking almost two minutes. Other than
2.0.4fc5, the only other difference is compression. (My original test was on
2.0.x, but I don't remember specifically which version.)

I will turn off compression to see if this makes a difference and let you
know.