another VServer hang

Charles Yeomans yeomans at desuetude.com
Sat Jul 30 12:36:37 CDT 2005

On Jul 30, 2005, at 4:11 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 7/30/05 12:45 AM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm now able to get far enough to encounter the following problem with
>> VServer.  I open a database.  Then I make one, two, three queries, and
>> the app hangs on the third query.  I can reproduce it with a simple
>> project. But I see that fc6 has just arrived, so perhaps I'll test
>> with
>> it first.
>
> So any info Charles ?
>
> What query hangs ?
>
> Db ?  Project ?

Here's the entire test code.

   Valentina.InitClient
   dim db as new VDatabase("localhost", "sa", "sa")
   db.Open(new FolderItem("pastefforts"))

   dim query as String = "SELECT recID, * FROM Courts WHERE
is_deleted=false"
   dim c as VCursor = db.SqlSelect(query, EVCursorLocation.kServerSide,
EVLockType.kReadOnly, EVCursorDirection.kForwardOnly)
   c = nil

   query = "SELECT recID, * FROM Law WHERE is_deleted=false"
   c = db.SqlSelect(query, EVCursorLocation.kServerSide,
EVLockType.kReadOnly, EVCursorDirection.kForwardOnly)
   c = nil

   query = "SELECT recID, * FROM Matters WHERE is_deleted=false"
   c = db.SqlSelect(query, EVCursorLocation.kServerSide,
EVLockType.kReadOnly, EVCursorDirection.kForwardOnly)
   c = nil

   db.Close
   db = nil
   Valentina.ShutDownClient

Executing the last query causes the client app to hang.  I can then
force-quit the app, after which the server logs the sudden disconnect,
destroys the abandoned cursor, and otherwise behaves correctly.

I'm downloading the new versions to see whether the problem remains.