Vservers register db -- REPRODUCED

Charles Yeomans yeomans at desuetude.com
Fri Jul 29 12:32:49 CDT 2005

On Jul 29, 2005, at 11:20 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 7/28/05 10:59 PM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:
>
>> Correct; these are the steps that one needs to do.  About the only
>> clue
>> I can provide now is that RegisterDatabase does not return, but it
>> runs
>> long enough to write the message
>>
>>   11:57:51.553609 (41996800): (15) Registering database
>> 'pastefforts.vdb': FAILED
>
> We have reproduce.
>
> Problem is when you try register db without extension.
>
> If you will add it, then all works okay.

Aha.  I was just getting it to work as well.  I can now register a
database and open it.

It turns out that I was also being confused during some of my efforts
by accidentally adding a v1 database to the Databases folder.  VServer
does not handle v1 databases very well; attempting to open one causes
problems including a client crash.  Perhaps you could add some code
that logs attempts by VServer to open v1 databases.