next steps in development of V4RB2? when will be speed a task

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Fri Jul 29 06:36:54 CDT 2005

Hello,

I see V4RB2 is a good environment and a good solution for me and the
future will bring interesting features ;-)) (#810, #811). But one
point is at the moment badly to me (#641) the speed in a lot of
circumstances is much slower as in V4RB1.10.

I could speed up my application with V4RB2 at a lot of parts, because
I only need one SQL instead of 2 or 3 to come to same result and in a
lot
of parts I can use now SQL where I hade to write RB-Code to take
correct data and values out of database cursor. But in my mainpart of
my application. the speed is now 2-3times slower which is not
accepted by my users. I knew that working on performance and
optimazations will be a part of the future (as I understand in this
list correct), but it would be interesting when will this start. I
want to be able to plan next releases and steps with my application
and it would be nice to have a hint about window of time.

The good thing is. At the moment I have less of time, so I have no
problem when this will be not tomorrow ;-))

My application is running on my computer since 2.0.3 stable without
any problem. really good.

Oh I forgot. It would also be nice when V4RB2 components could be
part of RB Package

bye

Claudius

--
G4/733 QS / MacOS X 10.4de / RB 5.5.5/ Valentina 1.10.0 & 2.0.4
Homepage    http://www.ClaSai.de