NOT reproduced: [V4Rb 2] VServer.RegisterDatabase problem

Charles Yeomans yeomans at desuetude.com
Mon Jul 25 16:21:02 CDT 2005

On Jul 25, 2005, at 5:12 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 7/22/05 5:22 PM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:

>>> We will check this Charles.
>>>
>>> So you try
>>>
>>>     2.0.4 release ?
>>>
>>> Or
>>>
>>>     2.0.5fc2 + fc3
>>
>> Both.
>
> Hi Charles,
>
> We have test against of
>     VServer_Office (2.0.5, Protocol 2.0, Kernel 2.0.5fc2)
>
>     and V4RB 2.0.5 fc3
>
> Everything works fine. We have test on mac and windows.
> Using Examples/Advanced/ValentinaServerUtility
>
> We can register and unregister database.

Hmmm.  I still cannot.  And I have tried the following.  I was able to
open master.vdb using client-server connection and add a record for my
database.  After rebooting, I executed the following code.

   Valentina.InitClient
   dim server as new VServer("localhost", "sa", "sa")
   server.OpenSession

   dim names(-1) as String
   dim paths(-1) as String

   For i as Integer = 1 to server.DatabaseCount
     dim dbInfo as VDataBaseInfo = server.DatabaseInfo(i)
     names.Append dbInfo.Name
     paths.Append dbInfo.Path
   Next
   server.CloseSession
   server = nil

   dim db as new VDatabase("localhost", "sa", "sa")
   dim f as new FolderItem(names(1))
   db.Open(f)

Upon attempting to execute the last line, my app crashes, and this
entry appears in the server log file.

16:04:16.266245 (41990144): (16) ERROR 0xFFFFFFD9: (null)

Any suggestions?