Returning a partial string

jda jda at his.com
Sun Jul 10 07:59:47 CDT 2005

>  > s = "select *,theDateSortMethod,IFNULL(authors,
>>  IFNULL(editors,title)) as 'ff' from thereferences where hit>0 ORDER
>>  BY ff,theDateSortMethod"
>>
>>  instead. And that has never worked...
>
>But this is different things in fact.
>
>>  If I can create a temp method and then dispose of it, that's just fine with
>  > me!

I have instituted the temporary method technique and it works very
well. So my problem is solved.

BTW, if my app crashes before I can drop the temporary field (say, in
the middle of the sql query) will the field be part of the db, and
I'll get an error when trying to open it again? I do NOT do a
db.flush between creating the field, doing the query, and dropping
the field.

Jon