Altering table

jda jda at his.com
Sat Jul 2 13:53:18 CDT 2005

Hi Ruslan,

I'm trying to deal with these exceptions fc13 throws when the tables
don't match the API exactly.

I'm trapping the exception and trying to alter the table (to make a
field NOT indexedbywords). But it is not altering the database!

Here is the code. What am I doing wrong?

     try
       localFormatDB.open(formatFolderItem)
     catch theError as VException
       if theError.ErrorNumber =  525583 then //propertyName is
indexedbywords. remove that.
         if localFormatDB <> nil and localFormatDB.isOpen then
           localFormatDB.close
         end if
         vdb = new VDatabase
         vdb.open(formatFolderItem)
         if vdb <> nil then

vdb.Table("bibAndDoc").StringField("propertyName").indexByWords =
false
           vdb.Table("bibAndDoc").Field("propertyName").isIndexed = false
           vdb.flush
           vdb.close
           vdb = nil
         end if
         localFormatDB.open(formatFolderItem) -> STILL throws an
error. And the db is not updated.
       else
         raise theError
       end if