how to convert a existing database

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jul 2 15:25:10 CDT 2005

>>> No, Ruslan, there is a bug here. I reported it as #812 (still open).
>>>
>>>  REGEX search for '\' does not work!
>>
>> No Jon.
>>
>> This man do INSERTs. Nothing else as INSERTS.
>> So this is not a regex problem.
>>

> I'm speaking about my own searches.
>
> I gave you examples that do not work. And a bug report.
>
> Can YOU perform a REGEX search for '\' and get it to work?????

This is one of latest bugs on our hands.

FYI:

    I have play in mySQL with this.
    this is how it works:

Let you have record with value

        aaa\bbb

Now you want find this using REGEX and you want use \ inside of
search pattern

Must be as

    WHERE fld REGEX 'aaa\\\\bbb'

Yes, 4 slashes.

IF you TYPE this query using some mySQL GUI tool, then you must type these 4
slashes.

Why? because:

    ** SQL parser will eat 2 of them, so value will be as

                aaa\\bbb

    ** so into c++ RegExFunction() we send

                RegExFunc( "aaa\\bbb" )

        and REGEX itself now remove first slash and use aaa\bbb for match.