[ANN] V4RB + V4MD mac 2.0.4fc13

jda jda at his.com
Sat Jul 2 07:19:38 CDT 2005

>  > I think this is a bug, though, because I have *identical*
>>  declarations in other tables (no EVFlag), and they open just fine.
>
>This is not a bug.
>
>Just Valentina now is more strict and do more checks to help you find such
>mistakes.
>
>Other places do work because they on some reason have THE SAME values as db
>on disk. You can compare in Vstudio.

*on some reason*

Right, "on some reason". What reason? The declarations are identical,
so why does fc13 complain about only 2 out of dozens? Why if I declare

propertyName = CreateStringField("propertyName", 32)

in the class constructor to I get an error when opening the database
with the exact same constructor? Why do I need now to add
EVFlag.Nullable?

I don't mind -- it's an easy workaround. But there is a bug here
(either in earlier versions, when the db was made, or with fc13).
It's just not consistent.

Ah, maybe the bug was earlier. If you use

propertyName = CreateStringField("propertyName", 32)

to create the db in f13, it opens in f13 with no error message.

Jon