[ANN] V4RB + V4MD mac 2.0.4fc13

jda jda at his.com
Sat Jul 2 07:04:27 CDT 2005

>  > I'm getting this error when I try to open an existing database:
>>
>>        Field "propertyName", attribute "Nullable" is not matched with
>>  schema-stored attribute.
>>
>>  BUT, this is how the variable is declared
>>
>  >       propertyName = CreateStringField("propertyName", 32)
>>
>>  and that has NOT changed.
>
>>From v1.x ?

No, from 2.0.2.

>>  What is wrong?
>
>Problem is that you use NUMERIC values for flags.
>I have told that some of them was changed for 2.0
>
>This is why it is DOUBLE WISE to use symbolic constants
>Please replace this to
>
>     fUnique + fIndexed

I changed it to

propertyName = CreateStringField("propertyName", 32, EVFlag.fNullable)

and now it opens OK!

I had to do the same for the next declare in my code:

integerField = CreateLongField("integerField", EVFlag.fNullable)

I think this is a bug, though, because I have *identical*
declarations in other tables (no EVFlag), and they open just fine.

Jon