[ANN] V4RB, V4MD, V4REV mac+win 2.0.4fc12

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jul 2 09:22:59 CDT 2005

On 7/1/05 5:37 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

> 5. The client mode operation is not okay. When I init in the client
> mode, all seems fine (no error) but any example that attempts to
> change anything in a database crashes Rev right away. From the log
> seems that client init connects, or at least attempts to connect, to
> the server at localhost. This should result in an error in my case
> since there is no server running. (This is exactly a place where a
> demo server would come handy.) For now, it would be reasonable for
> the example stack to pop a dialog asking for server address and
> access info. Or show a button in client mode which allows to set
> these (and save them in custom properties for reuse).

Oh Robert,  :-)

Idea was to make N small SIMPLE examples

AS SIMPLE as possible.
One example for one feature.

We WAS GOING later add to each product some ADVANCED examples,
Which show some logical application.

So this simple examples should show how to do correct steps,
And do not have huge error-protection systems. To not shade the main
features.

I really surprised by wish to make for Revolution super-puper example :-)
Of course it is big fun to do this, because we discover unique features of
Revolution as ability to build own projects...

Just I afraid unreasonable complexity .....

In any case, Ivan, examples should not crash in any mode.
Please test more and correct points that Robert do