Binary Link Owner

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 24 23:09:34 CST 2005

On 1/24/05 10:23 PM, "Sims, John" <AYU8 at CDC.GOV> wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> I hope you are having a good day.
>
> In the documentation regarding Binary Links I found this statement regarding
> ownership of records as it pertains to deletion:
>
> <quote> In rest cases (1:1 and M:M) developer can assign to some table to be
> owner. </quote>
>
> However, I do not see in the documentation exactly how we do this.

    Vlink.owner = tblA

> In these
> cases is the Left Table always the owner or is there something missing from
> the documentation (or am I just looking right over it --- highly possible)?

Owner is important IF you want to use e.g. CASCADE deletion.
Then when you delete record of owner, the child records are deleted.

Since, 1 : 1 and M : M are symmetric,
We need assign owner manually.

But Hmm, I do not remember if the first table is marked to be owner on
default....we need check this.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com