SQL and API methods + benchs

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 24 11:28:31 CST 2005

On 1/24/05 11:14 AM, "Olivier" <vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr> wrote:

>> ----------
>> Next, in the SQL mashine, we use only bitSets, btw.
> ok
>> ----------
>> If you going do Intersection for results, then you MUST use the same
>> types
>>         BitSet + BitSet
> ok
>> So in this case use bitSets always.
>> So Oliver, AS ARRAY SET functions, will be used very rare I think.
>> Only for specific tasks, when I know that I will find dew records,
>> When I will not intersect with BitSets.
>>
> ok.
> but for random access ?
> it's not easy to work with iterator.
> often, in my app, I use einhugur's datagrid.
> I need random access.

correction:

In the SQL machine we use BitSets while we resolve WHERE clause.

When we do ORDER BY we convert final selection into ArraySet,
Because only ArraySet can keep sort order.

So finally, cursor contains ArraySet and we can do random access.

Ok, we need fix converion BitSet to ArraySet.  Major operation.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com