SQL and API methods + benchs

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 24 10:35:24 CST 2005

On 1/24/05 10:19 AM, "Olivier" <vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr> wrote:

>>> Dim setBit have vbitset
>>> Dim setArray have varrayset
>>> Dim set have vset
>>>
>>>    setBit=base.zipCity.stringField("zipcode").find("75000") //OK
>>
>> You use FindValue() so it returns BitSet.
>>
>> Oliver, if you want to get ArraySet then you should use simple
>>      FindValueAsArraySet()
>
> yes, but it NOT exist FindStartWithAsArraySet or FindLikeAsArraySet or
> FindRegexAsArraySet...

Right!

Again,

ArraySet is preferred only of you KNOW that you will find few records from
40,000 table records.

BitSet is preferred in all rest cases.

----------
FindValue() searches for ONE value.
Exists many chances that will be not many records that have one the same
value. So in this case ArraySet can be good.

----------
Next, in the SQL mashine, we use only bitSets, btw.

----------
If you going do Intersection for results, then you MUST use the same types
        BitSet + BitSet

So in this case use bitSets always.

FindLike() returns BitSet, because MOST PROBABLY it will find many records
that match pattern.

So Oliver, AS ARRAY SET functions, will be used very rare I think.
Only for specific tasks, when I know that I will find dew records,
When I will not intersect with BitSets.

I.e. I just want find that 5 records, and iterate them in loop.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com