Vset to VCursor

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jan 21 21:14:57 CST 2005

On 1/21/05 9:09 PM, "Sims, John" <AYU8 at CDC.GOV> wrote:

Hi John,

> I apologize if this is in the documentation already but I just can't find it
> if it is.
>
> Let's say I am working with several unions/intersections of a few different
> Vsets.  I finally get the Vset that represents the data I am interested in.

ok

> Now what I would like to do is create a Vcursor containing the records I have
> found.  Is it possible to do something likeŠ

But you do not need cursor if you use API way and sets!

You already have TABLE + SET.

You can think about TABLE + SET = Cursor

You can iterate set, get RecID, goto that record in the table,
and done.

> SELECT FirstName, LastName, ZipCode FROM Person WHERE RecID IN (insert my
> final Vset here)
>
> The only way I can think to do it would be to turn the RecID's of the Vset
> into an array and use the Binds feature of the SELECT statement.  That said, I
> think it would be a very cool feature to be able to just pass in the VsetŠ
>
> myCursor = SqlSelect("SELECT FirstName, LastName, ZipCode FROM Person WHERE
> RecID IN (:1)", myVset)
>
> If this is not currently possible and you agree that it would be cool and it
> is doable, let me know and I'll be glad to add it to Mantis.

I agree that conversion Cursor <-> Set
Can be useful.

Although I see that this can be done only for SINGLE TABLE cursor.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com