virtuals fields / ViSQL

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Fri Jan 14 14:31:23 CST 2005

>  > But I does not understand why it needs there to put "string1" indexed.
>>
>>  We have a string field. For this string field, we want two indexs:
>>  indexbyword + indexed.
>>
>>  In Valentina 1:
>>
>>  We put, for the string field, "indexbyword".
>>  Then we created a second string field with for method :  the first
>>  string field + flag indexed.
>>  Logic.
>
>:-) in fact in 1.x for method you can skip indexed!
>

>>  Why in Valentina 2, we have to put the flag indexed in both fields?
>
>Because you WANT TO HAVE that both fields have INDEX. Right?
>
>And you want to have for f1 index by words.,
>For f2 regular index.

In V1, indexed is set automatically when index-by-words is set, if my
memory does not fail me. May be in V2, setting indexed-by-words
should automatically imply indexed as well, so indexed and
indexed-by-words are independent settings. I think that having the
latter apply only if the former is set (that is it being a flag
modifier flag) might be confusing.

Robert