virtuals fields / ViSQL

Olivier vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 14 13:15:54 CST 2005

>> string1=new vstring("string1",38,EVflag.fIndexByWords)
>> string2=new vstring("string2",38,EVflag.fIndexed,"string1")
>

> This will be correct
>
> string1=new vstring("string1",38, EVflag.fIndexed +
> EVflag.fIndexByWords)
> string2=new vstring("string2",38,EVflag.fIndexed,"string1")
>

> String1 - is indexed AND index is by words
> String2 - is indexed and it is method

ok, that's works.
But I does not understand why it needs there to put "string1" indexed.

We have a string field. For this string field, we want two indexs:
indexbyword + indexed.

In Valentina 1:

We put, for the string field, "indexbyword".
Then we created a second string field with for method :  the first
string field + flag indexed.
Logic.

Why in Valentina 2, we have to put the flag indexed in both fields?

In ViSQL, I think that there is a problem with the methods.
I have a string field which is a method, "string2".
In ViSQL, if I launch " SELECT * FROM table1 Where string2=' xxx ' :
OK, no problems, it finds.

But if I launch " SELECT * FROM table1 ORDER BY string2 ", ViSQL
indicates "Field string2 not exist".
While this query works in my application.

olivier