RegisterModule or class, AFTER PluginEntry()

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jan 12 11:48:14 CST 2005

On 1/12/05 11:32 AM, "James Milne" <james.milne at mac.com> wrote:

>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to register another class/module/else
>>> Not in the PluginEntry() function, but LATER ?
>>> In some other function ?
>>>
>>> Any technical limitations present here?
>>> Or we must be able do this ?
>>
>> So anybody can comment ?
>
> It's not possible.
>
> REALbasic expects you to have registered everything your plugin provides in
> the PluginEntry function.
>
> The REALbasic plugin loader loads all the plugins it can find and calls each
> plugin's PluginEntry() function. It assumes that after it has called all the
> PluginEntry functions that all the resources provided by the plugin have been
> registered. It then sorts out dependencies by resolving superclasses for
> plugin classes, etc, so that you can have inter-plugin dependencies.
>
> I'd say that you can safely assume none of the REALRegister* Plugin API
> functions are usable outside of the PluginEntry() function.

I see, thank you James.

Yes I see 100% crashes.

Bad. Then I have problems....may be somebody have an idea.

Task is next:

* when REALbasic starts and loads plugin we have in the
    /Library/CFMSupport/Vcomponents folder with our dlls and other stuf.

    in particular this folder contains several XML files, which
    during PluginEntry() we parse and build error constants for V4RB.

* Now I want allow to RB developers build Application,
    and move all files (DLLs and rest) into Application folder,
    to have distribution as SINGLE FOLDER.

For this developer will need self assign directory where these files are.
But developer can do this only AFTER PluginEntry().

Hmm, so plugin self during PluginEntry() must try to find where are required
files....well I think this is the only solution.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com