[V4MD] 2.0 b36 uploaded, for MAC. START BETA TESTING.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jan 8 19:17:53 CST 2005

Hi Director developers!

We are happy introduce to you V4MD 2.0 b36 for MAC.

* Please download it,
* install following instructions.
* download docs (they are draft yet)
* run and play our examples.

** V4MD 2.0 have get SIGNIFICANT architectural changes.
Now it have no 2 Xtras but 10 Xtras.

** We have implement the excellent OO design for V4MD.
Yes, we have found that Macromedia Director allow this.

** Also we have implement usage of properties for Xtras.
So now syntax is more simple for many things.
E.g. Instead of pair methods
        db.SetName() + db.GetName()
Now we have simply db.Name property.

** we have implement 3 ways to work with pictures:

        - 1.x way via cast member.
        - way via .Picture and variable
        - .Image - modern way of Director.

   - Now we do not depend on QT on any platform.
   - now we support any major bit depth of picture, 32, 24, 16, 8
   - now we can store picture into JPG, TIFF, PICT, DIB
   - Now we can load into Picture field the file from HDD as is.

** SQL92 implemented. On the beta download page you will find link to
    our SQL grammar.

** Now V4MD will produce V4MD_Log file with a lots of debug info,
    which will simplify your development.

** And a lots of other new cool features.

So We invite you for ACTIVE BETA TESTING! :-)
Enjoy.

P.S. If somebody cannot use MAC version and need WIN version,
    please let us know, we will prepare WIN archive also.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com