vCursor.import_text

Olivier vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Thu Jan 6 10:15:09 CST 2005

Hi Frank,

thank you for your answer.

>   theImportCursor.Import_Text(theImportFile, chr(9), chr(13))

I tried it, that does not work.

But I wonder if the problem is not for the creation of my DBs.
Because on three DBs whom I create by launching my application, only
the most small and the simplest are then legible on vStudio 1.0a75 and
ViSQL 2.0 (version of January 3rd). Two others more complicated crash
as soon as I open them with vStudio or ViSQL. Nevertheless I have no
crash in my application and the DBs is create bugfree.

>> I have a crash in its use.
>>
>> Cur.import_Text (f, "\t ", " \r") 		 // =crash
>> Cur.import_Text ( f ) 		 		// =not accepted
>> Cur.import_Text (f, "\t ", " \r", false) 	// =not accepted
>
> My bug report is about how picky V 2 importing is compared to V 1. In
> V 2, the number of fields in the text file must match *exactly* with
> the number of fields in the SELECT of the cursor. If they do not match
> in *any* single line of text, it will crash.
>
> V 1 was much more forgiving about filling in Null or blank values if
> there were less text fields than SELECT fields in the cursor - or
> ignoring the extra text fields if there were too many.

ah ok.
What means that if a field in a SINGLE line is not filled, there is a
crash? not good...