[V4RB] API Equivalent of UPDATE WHERE

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jan 4 02:05:09 CST 2005

On 1/4/05 1:47 AM, "Frank Schima" <frank-list3 at mindstarprods.com> wrote:

>>> Well i have some records with text that i want to preserve because
>>> it's
>>> different than 'some text'. I only want the NULL ones changed.
>>
>> Frank!
>>
>> But only NULL records will be selected in the cursor.
>> So only they will be updated.
>
> [Slaps head] Yes, of course - I get it now! Sorry for being dense (i.e.
> stupid). I'm so used to thinking in SQL terms and I'm trying to learn
> to use the nice new Valentina API more in place of SQL where possible
> for faster code.

Please note that THIS WAY (cursor.UpdateAll) will NOT add speed I think
Just it is little other SQL way based on the API of Vcursor class.

UPDATE WHERE is more powerful command although, because I can do with it

      SET f = f + 1 WHERE f > 10

Curs.UpdateAll() can update all recs of cursor by THE SAME value.

Curs.UpdateAll() was in the 1.x also btw.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com