[V4RB 0000242]: Database.Open crashes for my NEW database

Frank Schima frank-list3 at mindstarprods.com
Sun Jan 2 13:47:53 CST 2005

On Jan 2, 2005, at 11:05 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 1/2/05 6:53 PM, "Frank Schima" <frank-list3 at mindstarprods.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I am still having a crash with my UPDATE SQL statement even with the
>> larger segment size.
>
> Segment size must resolve problem of open in the viSQL
>
>> So I set the debug level and FlushEachLog = True
>> as you suggested after the Valentina.Init statement but I cannot find
>> either of those files anywhere on my computer after doing a search.
>> There was nothing special in the RB project folder either.
>>
>> Where should those files appear?
>>
>> I guess I don't know where any of the debugging information is
>> supposed
>> to appear. Where should I see the debug log? There is no application
>> crash log file in this case.
>
> Frank,
>
> But you should see in the same folder where is app, the file
>
>     V4RB_Log.txt
>
> Do you see it ?

No, I do not see it.

Also, I have another problem. I cannot open the empty database with
ViSQL even with a segment size of 32 * 1024 (32 kB). I'm not sure what
you are doing differently.

>> The problematic SQL statement is pretty simple:
>>     UPDATE MyTable SET MyVarCharField = 'Some Text' WHERE
>> MyVarCharField
>> is Null
>>
>> Coincidently, this is the same SQL statement that V4RB 1.11b (the
>> latest build of 1.11) fixed - it was broken in the initial build of
>> 1.11. But it simply failed to update without an error in that case. It
>> is causing a crash for me in V4RB 2b33.
>
> Can you send us db ?
> We will make query in viSQL.

For various reasons, I do not want to send it if possible. For one
thing is over 20 MB (surely less when compressed though) and I am on
modem these days. But also because it contains sensitive data. I will
keep trying to replicate the problem with dummy data.

Best regards,
Frank Schima