V4RB: Question about SQL

Frank Schima frank-list3 at mindstarprods.com
Sun Jan 2 08:28:37 CST 2005

Hi Claudius,

On Jan 2, 2005, at 12:40 AM, Claudius Sailer wrote:

> Am 02. Jan 2005 um 00:16 Uhr schrieb Frank Schima:
>
>> Another workaround is to use this free plug-in which handles huge ( >
>> 64 bit ) integers:
>> <http://homepage.mac.com/delaneyrm/ExtendedPlugin.html>
>>
>> It works great for me, the only "problem" is that it creates a new
>> class, not an intrinsic datatype, and hence you have to use "New" for
>> each variable of this type as well as class methods to add, subtract,
>> etc.
>
> Can you say something about speed?

I have not run any benchmarks, or used the new classes in any processor
intensive situations so I cannot really address this. They work fast
enough where I have used them though.

> Is it correct that you can't use it as return value in functions? Or
> is this a missunderstanding from me?

It should work fine for this, although I have not actually done so. Any
object type can be a return variable type for functions/methods AFAIK.

> Thanks for the information about that PlugIn!!

Happy coding!

Best regards,
Frank Schima