V4RB: Question about SQL

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Sat Jan 1 19:26:57 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan,

Am 01. Jan 2005 um 18:59 Uhr schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:

> On 1/1/05 6:44 PM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have 2 Functions which calculates 2 values out of one table. Is it
>> possible to bring this with valentina 2 in one function in one
>> SQL-Statement?
>
>> The problem is, that the values in every function could by bigger then
>> RB integer but the diffence of both normally never.
>>
>> IMHO I think following would bring solution, when it will work in V4RB
>> 2.X
>>
>> SELECT
>> ( SELECT SUM(Betrag)
>>     FROM Buchungen
>>    WHERE Ziel_Konto=KontoRecID
>>    AND BDatum>'StartDatum'
>>   AND BDatum<='Enddatum'
>>    )
>> -
>> ( SELECT SUM(Betrag)
>>     FROM Buchungen
>>     WHERE Herk_Konto= KontoRecID
>>      AND BDatum>'StartDatum'
>>       AND BDatum<='Enddatum'
>>    )
>
> Claudius, you have any problems with this query ?

Not at the moment: problem is, that I want to wait until I tranform my
datgabase to new version until I have a good working converting
routine. I was only asking whether this will be possible or not.
Normally I would expect that RS will implement 64bit numeric values,
but I asked for feature request 12 months or more ago and nothing
happen, so I have to look further for other solutions :-((
In my point of view it is faster to get good solutions in Valentina
then in RB. I am waiting for final 2.X, because this will make much
much SQL-Satements possible and will be faster as my work around in RB

thnaks a lot for your work and a happy new year to all of you

bye

Claudius

--
G4/733 QS / MacOS X 10.3.5de / RB 5.5.3de/ Valentina 1.10.0
Homepage    http://www.ClaSai.de