sql speed

jda jda at his.com
Sun Feb 27 04:41:02 CST 2005

>  Sorry to be stupid, but I only have one table. At the point of the
>  > final query I have an array of recid's, say 2000. Are you saying the
>>  query should be
>>
>>  Select * from T1 WHERE 1,4,6,12,14... in (select recid from T1)
>
>No, how you get original list of recIDs?
>
>Using some SQL query ?

Hi Ruslan,

Yes, something like this:

select RecID from thereferences where (left(allFields, 3)='the')

I do 1...n queries, after each one adding to an array of integers
(recids). I make sure there are no duplicates. At the end, I have the
recids of all the records I want to retrieve (this way I can make an
AND or OR of multiple searches). It is quite fast.

When I'd done, I want to create a cursor (containing many fields,
sorted) of the recids.

Jon