BugTracking

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Mon Feb 14 14:20:03 CST 2005

>  > Just like Claudius said: when VALENTINA team fixes a bug, it is
>>  resolved; but this resolution has to be verified and confirmed,
>>  usually by the bug submitter, and then it is changed to closed.
>
>* but then why Mantis do not allow this option to reporter?
>
>It needs read Mantis docs to get their ideas.
>
>     http://www.mantisbt.org/

This is standard in bug resolution. If mantis does not give this
option, it is either a bug or misconfiguration on your part. I
checked mantis docs on the link you gave and the description of
resolve clearly states that

...The bug is then set to the Resolved state. The reporter
    should check off on the bug by using the Close Bug button.

>* and even if allowed
>     user can forget do this
>     so will be some non-consistence.

Well, you either need to chase the submitter (reporter) or verify the
bug yourself and then close it (I am sure Mantis admin can do that).

Robert