bitSet and Arrayset + problem with "bitset=new bitset (count, arrayset)"

Olivier vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Mon Feb 14 09:24:45 CST 2005

Hello Ruslan and list,

V4RB 2.0 b45

1- problem :

The problem occurs on a table with 50 000 records.

I have an arrayset which has, for example, 3 000 records.
then,

Dim p as integer=arrayset1.count
Setbit1=new vbitset (p, arrayset1)

The number of records in the bitSet is not more than of some dozens.
Is it normal?

On the other hand, if I set:
Setbit1=new vbitset (100 000, arrayset1)

It is OK. Nevertheless, in doc, the parameter " inMaxCount " is
described as: " The maximal value that can be stored in the bitset ".
then why a parameter of 3000 doesn't works ?

Also, the parameter " inMaxCount " is necessary. Is it normal?

2- bitset and arrayset :

I know that we should use arraySets rarely and to use rather bitSets.
But it is difficult. We OFTEN need an RecId access to the set.

Actually, I see that I use a lot the functions " arrayset1=new
varrayset ( bitset ) " and " bitset1=new vbitset ( arrayset ) ".
I suppose that it is expensive in resources when we use them a lot.
Maybe that it would have been more practical to have functions
FindStartWithArraySet, FindContainsArraySet....

Olivier