truncating error on 2.0 insertions

Dave Parizek dave at Parizek.com
Fri Feb 11 12:54:08 CST 2005

I am converting a V4RB 1.x project to 2.0.  I am having trouble with
inserted values being inexplicably truncated.

When I try to execute the following code (in 2.0):

   Binds.append App.timestamp
   Binds.append vLogEntry

   stmt = "INSERT INTO Log (LogTimestamp, LogEntry) VALUES (:1, :2)"
   numAffectedRows = app.mDatabase.SQLExecute(stmt, Binds)

It works, but the LogEntry VVarChar field entries get truncated.  For example,

	vLogEntry: New database created at SleepNIn:Jane:JaneDB.vdb
	stmt: INSERT INTO Log (Timestamp, LogEntry) VALUES (:1, :2)
	Binds(0): 2/11/2005 11:31:8
	Binds(1): New database created at SleepNIn:Jane:JaneDB.vdb

here the value that is in the database after insertion for LogEntry
is "New database created" instead of "New database created at
SleepNIn:Jane:JaneDB.vdb"

I don't see anything about this as a bug in the bug database.

Any suggestions?

--Dave

Dave Parizek
Dave at RemainderZ.com

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."
                  -- Groucho Marx