Changes from 1.x to 2.0 // v5

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 11 19:54:57 CST 2005

On 2/11/05 7:24 PM, "Dave Parizek" <dave at Parizek.com> wrote:

Dave,

In the v5 present this

* V4RB 2.0 supports a new style of errors via VException class.
    if you convert old 1.x project then you have to use db.LastError style.
    you can disable new style and return back old style.
    use for this Valentina.ThrowExceptions as boolean

So, since you convert EXISTED project you will find useful to
    DISABLE new style of error handling based on exceptions,
    and return back to old style with db.errNumber.

This allow you in 5 seconds make your old project working.

Future you can change all to catch Vexception.

> The V4RB_Reference_en.pdf indicates Database.ErrNumber  and
> .ErrString are deprecated.  But below says to use for checking
> errors.  Should we be using something else?  VException will happen
> on failure to open/create?

IF Valentina.ThrowExceptions  = true,

Then in 2.0 each function in case of error will throw exception.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com