Changes from 1.x to 2.0 // v3

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 11 09:44:58 CST 2005

On 2/10/05 10:56 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

* remove ValentinaUtility methods

* all kV_xxxx constants removed.

* now we have enums  Evxxx   for constants.

* VBaseObject  =>   VTable

* GoToRecID  =>  .RecID

* LIKE operator now works not as regex but as SQL92 LIKE.
    if you need regex then use REGEX keyword

* property Language for Vstring/VarChar/Text removed.

    instead Vdatabse, Vtable and Vfield now have trio

      .Locale
      .CollatioAttribute
      .StorageEncoding

* Global methods are collected in the MODULE "Valentina",
    so now

    ValentinaInit()     => Valentina.Init()

* Dcon support and DbgView dropped.
    instead we have now V4RB_LOG.txt file that get output from V4RB.

* Vcursor.SqlString property not exists any more.

* if in the 1.x version you have set some encoding for strings BEFORE/AFTER
send strings to V4RB then now you no need to do this.
Although for now V4RB 2.0 expect to get UTF8 strings -- default encoding of
V4RB

* Vfield.SetMethod()  no longer exists.

    instead you should on creation of field provide method formula
    into constrctor of field.

    IF you want change existed method, then use
    Vfield.MethodText property

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com