cursor/api

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 10 09:34:20 CST 2005

On 2/10/05 3:15 AM, "Ralf Sander" <ralf at end-if.de> wrote:

>>> Cursor way:
>>> I need to use "knolocks" because "kreadonly" lets only one user read a
>>> record.
>>
>> NO!
>>
> Ok, I only did a single user test. But here it behaves like this:
> If I get one cursor with "kreadonly", I can't get another one.

Sounds like a bug. Please show us your code or send simple project

Btw, we need add examples on record locks.

Ivan, when you finish CONVERT_1_2  please take this task with locks.

>> Yes, but you describe strange things.
> Do you mean the upper (no values in record) or the lower things?

I mean about locks and RecID

>>> But I see a possible problem with speed. I have to store a sql search
>>> request as a string for the current view of one user. If the user adds
>>> a (existing-not new)  record to the current view, the sql request has
>>> to be modified and re-performed. Could this be a problem, if the
>>> current search is very complex respectively would the api way be much
>>> faster?
>>
>> If you use Vcursor and add records using Vcurosr.AddREcord()
>> Then new record is right here.
>
> Yes, a new record. But I can't add an existing record to the cursor and
> I can' re-sort it.

Add existing record from table?
    which was not selected?

Then yes of course you need execute some new SQL query.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com