[V4RB] 2.0 b42 uploaded

jda jda at his.com
Sun Feb 6 17:05:10 CST 2005

First impression:

1. Importing records is much faster -- great! I think it's still not
as fast as v1.x (as you said), but much better.

2. The large index search bug is fixed.

3. Compression at least doesn't crash. And the text that is read in
is readable! I don't know if it is really compressed -- I have to do
more testing for that.

4. Conversion from 1.x to 2.x still has some problems: (a) the file
size is still too large (whether I set the segment size to 512 or
1024, the segmentsize is set to 1024 (I see this in viSQL). So I
don't think that was changed yet. (b) some fields are lost in the
conversion -- they are string fields.

I'll keep working on it. Thanks.

Jon