Turning compression on

jda jda at his.com
Thu Feb 3 16:39:19 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan,

I have a db in which no text fields are compressed. I want to change
this for one text field.

In my project, in the baseobject declaration, I add this line:

        abstract.isCompressed = true

When I run it, the old db opens fine.

But if I do it this way

       abstract = CreateTextField("abstract", 128, EVFlag.fCompressed
+ EVFlag.fNullable + EVFlag.fIndexed + EVFlag.fIndexByWords)

I get a nil object error when I run try to open the db.

Moreover, if I make a new db and try to create a new record  -> crash.

So, should we avoid the EVFlag.fCompressed flag and use
isCompressed=true after the field has been created? Or should I

Jon