DB bloat?

jda jda at his.com
Sat Dec 31 04:40:04 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan,

One of my beta testers (using my app built with V2.1 fc3) reported this to me:

"The only stress sign was that by the time I was done, the file had
bloated from 14 MB to 162 MB! But a final Rebuild set it to proper
size again."

(Rebuild is my own export/import of data to a fresh database).

Any idea why this might have happened? All he was doing was shifting
data from one field to another, there were no new data added. So lots
of UpdateRecord and DeleteData for VText/VBlob fields. I will try to
reproduce it.

Jon