Fix worked Re: [ANN] V4RB MAC 2.1 fc2

Ed Kleban Ed at Kleban.com
Wed Dec 28 15:32:02 CST 2005

On 12/28/05 3:00 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 12/28/05 10:44 PM, "jda" <jda at his.com> wrote:
>
>>> Uh, not so cool.
>>>
>>> Good theory but no cigar.  The report was set to closed in Mantis by the Bug
>>> fixer, and I apparently don't have permission to change the status to
>>> anything else.  Since this particular bug is one that Ruslan noted he
>>> thought might have been fixed or might not have been based on the couple of
>>> code patches he made, I presumed that the feedback would be valuable.
>>
>> I haven't been able to change the status of any bug I've reported
>> either for some time. It used to be available to me, but...
>
> Sorry, I have not catch.
>
> You do not see in the menu "Change Status To:" option CLOSE   ???

Yes, I see it.

I was responding to Frank who said:

On 12/28/05 2:20 PM, "Frank Schima" <macsforever2000 at goodeast.com> wrote:

> FYI, there is no need to report this to the list. There is a
> mechanism in Mantis where the bug reporter (you in this case) can set
> the bug report to closed after it has been set to resolved (by
> Paradigma).

In the case of my two bugs, they were not set to "resolved" (by Paradigma).
They were already set to "closed".

> If the bug is not fixed, you can re-open it.

This does not appear to be the case.  I can click on the popup menu that
lists "Closed", but the only option on the popup menu that I can choose is
"Closed".

> Look for the
> "Change Status To:" button on the report and the popup next to it.
> Only the bug reporter can do this.

This is clearly not true, since in both cases I was the bug reporter.

> This allows us, the users, to test
> the fixes and give feedback.

And thus I say, "Good theory, but no Cigar"; i.e. it sounds good in practice
but there's no Cigar reward for being true in fact.  The English "no Cigar"
idom comes from the outdated practice of awarding Cigars to winners of skill
games at circus events.

> I try to keep up with my bug reports and
> close them all (and re-open the unfixed ones).

That would be nice.