Stan, Claudius, your feedback on fc1 ?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Dec 28 00:00:57 CST 2005

On 12/27/05 9:41 PM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de> wrote:

> Solution has 2 SQLs which fills an other table from tables and SQL
> which reads from this table and generates a cursor. And this is
> faster then having 1 SQL which reads from tables and generates
> cursor. I would expect that second way should be much faster as
> solution 1 with V4RB1.10

You know, this depends.

So in 1.x you have self did first query and COPY its result into tmp table,
Then do second query and APPEND its result ?

Deal is that UNION in v2 follow SQL92, and should do something more complex
than just APPEND of second result.

If I not mistake, we need sort both results, to exclude from final result
duplicates.

Am I right, Ivan ?

---
Well, may be you can just go with your logic from 1.x if it works for your
task correctly.

And Claudius, you can speedup a lots this logic using RAM table for TMP
table result.

What you think ?